Monday, February 23, 2009

Holy Phone Calls!

Tonight I had the pleasure of catching up with 4 great friends over the phone. Jerri called on my walk home from work and we talked for quite a while. Then I called Jocelyn and left her a message to wish her a Happy Birthday. Then I called Ann while she was walking home we had a great time catching up and I got to hear about Lee's recent visit. Then Sylvie called and we talked for quite some time. During this conversation my phone started to die, so I plugged it in and continued to chat. And while I was on the phone with Sylvie, Jocelyn called back and left a message, so after I got off the phone with Sylvie, I called her back and got to hear all about her birthday adventures and what is going on in her life! What a fun way to pass the time while making and eating dinner, cleaning up the kitchen and picking up around the house. I really do miss having friends around the corner, but I have to say, it's nice to have so many friends who are a phone call away.

I'm going to be losing my home internet connection for a while because my neighbor who I split it with is moving to Cambridge, MA (of all the places!). It's not worth it for me to go out and have it installed, get a router, etc, etc, when I'm hoping to be able to just split it again with the new folks who move in next door. So the blog might be a little slow in the coming weeks, and I might be giving you a call in the evening since I won't be able to chat online or send you an email (or feel free to call me!).

PS - Oh, and Meg called while I was writing this!

2 comments:

Trinity said...

Ohhhh!!! Be careful! Without even realizing it, I went over on my cell phone plan. How did I figure it out? By the $60 in overage charges I received on my bill. I got it last night and it was NOT a pleasant surprise!
Other than that, I am glad you are keeping in touch across the nation.
Also, nice mention on Sally's blog :)

Previously Junebug B said...

Thanks for the heads up. That has happened to me before, too and it's NOT fun.