Friday, August 28, 2009

Hunterdon County Fair

Last weekend I had the pleasure of going to the Hunterdon County Fair with my friend Karen and her friend Alex. It had poured rain all day on Saturday, but we still decided to head out on Sunday morning to get our fill of farm animals, 4-H projects, old fashioned soda-pop and plenty of mud.

Here is the saddest pony ever:


PIG RACES!


Wild Bill's Old Fashioned Soda-Pop:


And how a cow works (or is that a polar bear?):


I love the country kitsch of a county or state fair. It was a fun morning, for sure. I'll have to go back next year (and bring my soda mug for a discount on refills!).

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Um, I really can't wait for you to be here sometime when it's MN State Fair time. You will absolutely love it! The music, the kitsch, the animals, the Minnesota Public Radio Booth, everything is "on a stick," the whole nine. Come to Minnie in August for once! :)