Wednesday, July 21, 2010

365 - not for me...

Some things you try and you like, some things you try and you don't like. I was hesitant about starting a photo-a-day project, but thought "what the heck". I have a new camera that I want to use more, I need to spice up the blog a little, so why not? Well, I'll tell you why not. The thing that is holding me back the most is that I don't have reliable internet access at home. I'm not whining about this, I'm just stating it as a fact. Continuing with this project would either require me to get the internet at home, get to the public library with my laptop and camera card or show up to work 1/2 an hour early every day. The logistics are against me here.

I also realized that I don't just want to make photos for the sake of making photos. And when I got out of bed at 11:30 one night realizing that I hadn't taken a photo that day, scrounging for something interesting and working with nothing but crappy light, I realized that this is not what I was going for. I commend all of you who are currently working on, or who have completed a photo a day project. I will continue to admire your dedication, knowing that I've tried it and it's not for me.

And now back to the intermittent, yet thoughtful, blogging that you're used to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you for trying, Beth. :)

christa said...

Yay for being honest with yourself and moving on! Your photos and blogs are great whenever they are meant to be. :)

Jocelyn said...

Still love you Beth. love your blog posts regardless of when you post them.

Trinity said...

I'm glad you gave it a try. No sense sticking with it when you aren't enjoying it. I'm grateful you are going to keep on blogging on your own terms.