Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Carving 2011 - in the dark!

Right as I was leaving my parent's house on Sunday afternoon, Mac called to let me know that the power was out in my apartment. That was around 3pm, and people were showing up to carve pumpkins around 5pm. So, I headed back to Princeton and sure enough, when I got to my apartment there was still no power. In fact the power stayed out through the entire party, but we still had a great time carving pumpkins, and got some wonderful results! Here's me, Mac, Kim, Nicole, Tyler and Kim after carving:

With the really long exposure that's needed for the dark conditions, I had the camera on a tripod and someone took this ghostly photo while everyone was getting ready to go:

The original plan was to have dinner at my house, but we ended up going out to get sushi instead. This was certainly a memorable way to celebrate my 12th annual pumpkin carving party!

2 comments:

Jerri said...

12th Annual!?!?!?! WOW! That was an awesome pumpkin carving! Those photos are amazing--you are so great that you did it without power. Total Halloween feel all the way!!! Your place looks awesome!!!!

Christa said...

Great tradition! Love it; nicely done Beth and friends. :)