Saturday, June 23, 2007

Gorilla! There's no bananas here!

Junebug B here. I'm on the phone with Junebug J trying to explain how the blog works. While I'm in mid-sentence she says "Hold on..." and all I hear in the background is "Gorilla! There's no bananas here!, What do you think you are? A six month gorilla? What is mommy going to do with you? Love you that's what!" Then she gets back on the phone and starts asking me where I am in Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, the Tom Robbins novel that strangely relates to my work with African Art and J's love of Tom Robbins. When I say that I'm only 3 pages in and that I've been using it as a prop under my fan she tells me that Gwedolyn wants to be released from the binding like a genie. And she's outraged that such a good character is stuffed under a fan.

Immediately following this she asks how mom and dad are doing. She's breastfeeding Emerson and trying to connect to her computer so that she can actually see this blog for the first time. Oldest son Nathaniel is laying naked under his covers watching Mary Poppins, just waiting for Supercalafrajalisticexpealidocious, where he will just leap from under the covers and do his amazing dance to this song. Middle son Sebastian is already bored with the movie. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here ignoring homework and trying to figure out what to do tonight. Yes we lead different lives.

I was just about to sign off on this, but J just told me that one of her friends has a native american spirit guide stuck on her spine. In context, J was trying to compare her husband's (my brother's) friends to her friends and trying to decide who was weirder. Tough call...

2 comments:

Jerri said...

B&J: I hope I'm your first comment! I'm so excited that you've started a blog. I'm really into them and pondering beginning one of my own, but a very inspiring idea by both of you and I'm impressed! I love you both. Jerri

Jerri said...

B&J: I hope I'm your first comment! I'm so excited that you've started a blog. I'm really into them and pondering beginning one of my own, but a very inspiring idea by both of you and I'm impressed! I love you both. Jerri