Sunday, September 16, 2007

The week in review

Here are some fun things that made me smile this week:

Monday I went to Davis Square to buy tickets to a Josh Ritter concert and I noticed that there are sweaters on some of the trees there. I've seen this in Chicago, but one here (in the center) spelled it out pretty clearly: "Pay Attention":


Tuesday it rained for the first time in a long time and I got to wear my golashes:


Thursday was this semester's first Panopticon meeting and we had an awesome turnout. Sixteen people showed up not including the co-chairs (me and Ashley) and the faculty adviser. This is an art librarian interest group that's new to Simmons. We have a lot of great things planned for the semester. This is one of the many school related things that has been keeping me busy.

Friday I took a tour of the Schlessinger Library at Harvard. It was really fascinating. It's the library for the Radcliffe Institute which used to be the women's college at Harvard. They have amazing collections focusing on American Women's History, tons of stuff on the suffrage movement, Massachusetts Girl Scouts, NOW, NARAL, and the personal papers of people like Betty Friedan, Amelia Earhart, Julia Child, and tons of other people. They have an amazing cookbook collection, too. It was great.

Yesterday, Saturday, started out rainy, but ended up being beautiful and Ann & Lee and I went apple picking. It was perfect, still tons of apples on the trees, not too many people and we got to have piping hot apple cider donuts! Yum, yum!



Today we have Veggie Dinner and I have a ton of homework to do. But it's so beautiful out (Sunny and mid-60s) I'm hoping to be able to do some reading on the back porch.

Overall, a really nice week.

1 comment:

Trinity said...

Beth! I was at the same place picking apples yesterday!! I wonder if we were there at the same time?