Monday, June 8, 2009

Dinner out back

Tonight turned out to be a lovely evening, even though they were initially calling for thunderstorms. I had plans to have Amy and Bror over for dinner and was hoping we'd be able to sit at the picnic table out back instead of at my tiny table in the apartment, and it all worked out perfectly. I made delicious African Ground Nut Stew (from a Moosewood cookbook) with local kale from the farmer's market. It turned out well, and for dessert I made Strawberries with Almond Crème Anglaise made with local strawberries. We also enjoyed gin & tonics in the gnome glasses, a true sign of summer!


It was so nice to have people over to my house for dinner and hopefully this will be a common occurrence through the summer months.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Your backyard looks really cool and that's a neat looking table. Yum yum! Glad you had friends over!