Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fun on a Monday in NYC

On Monday I left work early and headed into NYC to meet up with my good friend Trinity and her friend Jamie who were in town for the Rhinebeck Wool and Sheep Festival. They flew into and out of LaGuardia (from Minneapolis), so they opted to spend a couple days in Manhattan after the Festival. I'm glad I could take the afternoon off and head into the city on a gorgeous fall day and spend some time with them.

Our first stop was the Highline Park. This is a new park in NYC that was once an elevated train track. It offers great views and has my two thumbs up for something fun and interesting to do in the city. The chairs above are from there and below Trinity is lounging on a chaise that sits on the old railroad tracks. You can actually push some of these to roll along the tracks to adjust the location (either closer to, or further away from the chaise next to you). I was impressed, and they were actually pretty comfy.

We went to dinner at nearby Chelsea Market. The Green Table is a restaurant that specializes in local, organic ingredients. I had a crudites plate, Trinity had baked farm eggs and Jamie had a chicken pot pie. It was a lovely way to spend some time over a nice dinner. Trinity also ordered dessert - Cheesecake! So NYC... It came with fresh sliced apples, a raspberry sauce and real whipped cream. Truly decadent. Jamie was interested in cannolis, so we went a little further down the market and found a bakery with cannolis.

It was a lovely evening so we took a little stroll through Greenwich Village to Washington Square Park. Jamie had never been to NYC before, so we tried to check off a few things. Here you can see the Empire State Building lit up through the arch.

It was a short visit, but I'm glad I was able to make it in to see them. Thanks for a fun evening, Ladies!

1 comment:

Trinity said...

Yay! It was a great time and I am glad that we got to meet up with you for the evening.