Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowpocalypse!

That's right folks, New Jersey gets snow. And sometimes we get a lot of snow, like this week. We got a nice dose of snow on Saturday (maybe a foot or so) and then another dose on Wednesday, probably another 15 inches. The University was closed on Wednesday and I spent the day being ridiculously productive around the house. It snowed like crazy all day, and the most outside time I had was to do a little shoveling in the morning, some more in the afternoon, and doing some laundry, which involves walking across my small front porch.

Above is a view of the driveway. I was smart enough to park all the way at the end closest to the street so that I didn't have to shovel out the entire length of the driveway. But I did have to make a little path for walking, which you can barely see there.

This is the old, mostly dead crabapple tree in the front yard. I was afraid the weight of this heavy snow was going to bring it down. Only one big branch came off, the rest stayed upright.

And this is my back yard and neighbor's back porch. This isn't even the worst of it. These photos were taken on Wednesday afternoon before another 6 -8 inches fell that night. By the morning you couldn't even differentiate the individual steps across the way.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

it feels weird to me that i am in MinneSWOWta and you are the one getting all of the snow. what a wacky winter.

Ms. Ann said...

yeah, we don't have ANY snow in mass. right now. i'm jealous ;(