Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Porch Plants

It's Spring! A few weeks ago I put some seeds into my trusty porch pots and now I have teeny little herb sprouts popping up! I also bought some dianthus and petunias and have planted some of those to get some flowers on the front porch, too.

I like taking photos early on because I'm always amazed at how big plants can grow over time, without you even noticing. So I'm considering these the "before" shots. I'm sure I'll post again once they've grown up a little bit.

The herbs this year are basil, parsley, dill and oregano. I like having them close to the kitchen so that I can use them on impulse as needed. My community garden plot (which will hopefully be turned over soon) is a block away, so having herbs there would involve a little more planning.

No comments: