Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Everyone's Moving

Both my brother Dan and his family and I moved on the same weekend. The weekend before that weekend, we headed to IKEA with Mom. We were planning on taking two cars because we both had lists of things we were interested in picking up, but decided at the last minute to just take my parents' Subaru. Well, it all fit, but it was a tight squeeze!

I was squished in the front seat, Dan had all kinds of space as the driver (except for that box coming up between the front seats) and mom was squished in the back and had to hold onto a mirror that was over her head so that it didn't fall on her. Good thing it's only a 20 minute drive, but during that drive it started to pour rain, so we took is slow. That I kept reminding my brother that my face was only 6 inches from the windshield.

It was a fun excursion, Dan had never been to an IKEA before. We ended up having lunch there and really getting the full IKEA experience. My favorite thing is to treat myself to an ice cream cone after checking out. It was a little stressful loading up the car, but other than that it was a fun and successful trip.

1 comment:

dragonslayer318in11 said...

That was fun! I knew that we would get all that stuff in the car.