Saturday, December 4, 2010

Family Thanksgiving

My family has been celebrating Thanksgiving on Black Friday for a few years now. When Dan and Mo had to travel a long distance, this gave them an extra day to make it to NJ, and now it just seems to work out the best for everyone, so we're sticking to it. This year it gave my brothers a chance to celebrate Thanksgiving with their respective in-laws and it gave Mac and I a chance to make it to Regina's.

It was a really nice, laid-back day with the whole family. While my mom was setting the table we realized that it would made a really nice matchbook football field, so the punting started, even while the good china was being laid out. My nephews thought that was pretty cool, and I think my brother John was able to flick it the farthest - from one of the table past the other end. Really, quite impressive. Here's my dad showing Sebastian how it's done:

Here's everyone gathering around the table. I didn't get a good shot of everyone at the table (and the one dad is taking here didn't come out), so this will have to do.

My nephew John brought his saxophone with him and played us a tune before we said grace and went around the table saying what we were thankful for.


And there is so much to be thankful for! We had some amazing food! I made roasted Brussels sprouts and an arugula and beet salad - both with ingredients from the organic farm. We also had a wonderful soup, whipped potatoes, a spinach salad, two types of cranberry sauce, delicious bread, broccoli & cheese sauce, sweet potatoes and some turkey! It was all so good.
And after a little cleaning up we had pies!

It was getting late (Emerson was already asleep) and the boys were excited to all sleep together on the pull out couch. This is where they were when Mac and I said good bye. These boys are so cute and so silly!

It was a really wonderful day and a great way to spend the holiday. I'm so thankful for my family and friends! Love you all!

No comments: