Saturday, June 21, 2008

Birthday weekend

Alright, alright, everyone has been bugging me to post about my birthday party and the weekend, so here we go.

The morning of my birthday I woke up early and headed out for a nice little bike ride. I rode out to Spy Pond in Arlington and got to sit for a while and soak in the fact that I was turning 30 for real. It was nice to start the beautiful day with some time outside in the fresh air.

Then I went to work, where my co-workers took me out for a birthday lunch. I left early because Suz's flight got in and we met up in Harvard Square, I showed her where I worked and we did a little window shopping. We met up with Miriam and Sylvie for dinner at City Girl Cafe and went to Christina's for amazing homemade ice cream. It was a great way to celebrate my actual day. I got many phone calls and emails from people far and wide. And it was just the beginning of a weekend full of celebrating.

On Friday Suz and I made a great meal using some of the goodies from the farm share with some additional goodies. The salad was made from Boston lettuce from the farm, and the stir fry had the bok choy. It was delicious!

We also went to the Institute of Contemporary Art to see the Anish Kapoor exhibit. It was an amazing exhibit and I'm hoping to get back at some point. We couldn't take photos in the exhibit, but this is one from the outside of the museum. After seeing the art we got to sit and watch boats in the harbor. It's a beautiful setting and we both had a great time.

Kim got in late on Friday and Saturday was dedicated to getting ready for the party. But before serious party-prep got underway, all three of us went mini-golfing.

Kim discovered that the sign was wrong, and even if you do get the ball in the Moon hole, you are not guaranteed a hole in one.

Suz and I had fun posing with the mini-golf animals. This squirrel was particularly sassy. Bring it on!

And this hippo didn't make a very good seat:

After getting everything ready for the party, here are the three of us all dolled up and ready to go. I got that necklace at the ICA as a treat for myself.

Here's me and Sylvie enjoying the evening.

Kim made an amazing strawberry shortcake and yes, there were 30 candles and I blew them all out in one breath! I was so happy that I'm still not too old to blow out all the candles on my cake.

On Sunday we had to take Suz to the airport and Kim and I headed up to Salem for some kitschy fun with pirates and witches. We went to the Witch Museum and took cheesy touristy photos all over town:
They actually have a statue of Samantha from Bewitched! That took the kitschy cake as far as I was concerned.

After Salem, Kim and I got to hang out for the evening and she left on Monday morning. It was sad to see everyone go and get back to my "normal" life. But no complaints, I had a great weekend of fun and very memorable 30th birthday.

PS - This is my 100th post! How crazy is that?

3 comments:

emilie said...

Yay! That looked like a very fun birthday weekend! Congrats, Beth!

Jerri said...

I love all the photos so much! It looks like you had such an awesome actual 30th! YAY! Congrats on joining the club. It's fun! Thank you for finally posting the photos. You looked beautiful and cool necklace!

Jocelyn said...

Beth
looks like you had so much fun. Wish I could have been there posing with you all.