Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First pick-up at Lindentree

So you've read about me going to Lindentree for orientation and going back to learn how asparagus grows and then put in my four work hours. Now you get to see what I'm so excited about:


This is just a sample of what I picked up yesterday at the farm. I got some bok choy, peppery arugala (in the colander), turnips, radishes and pick-your-own strawberries. I also got broccoli, butter lettuce, kale and some herbs. It was more than I was expecting for the first pick-up. And now I'm excited to find some good bok choy recipes. Feel free to comment with any suggestions for how to use any of these items. I'll be getting half of the share every other week, so I'll post each time and try to keep track of all of the amazing produce. I'm already excited about the rest of the summer!

4 comments:

Jerri said...

Yay for CSA's! We pick up our first batch this Friday. Can't wait. Except, we don't have to go all the way to WI to get it (it's just 80 miles from Minneapolis, but still...). We pick it up at our local organic juice/oxygen bar right around the corner from our apartment. So, anyway, bok choy! YUM! We have plenty of recipes (you can make the African Peanut stew with that instead of kale, by the way). Have fun with all your yummy goodness! Jer.

Suzanne said...

YUM! I love bok choy steamed with some soy sauce and ginger. It's pretty simple but so good.

Cinnamon Cooper has some good ideas about what to do with strawberries:

http://gapersblock.com/airbags/archives/summer_starts_with_strawberries/

I can't wait to try the strawberry cocktail with bourbon! Pretty much two of my favourite things in the world....

Jocelyn said...

Beth, looks so yummy. I am so jealous. Can't wait till late summer when I can pick veggies out of my garden. Send the sunshine. Please!!!! the east coast is hogging it right now.

Previously Junebug B said...

Suz - we can have that cocktail when you get here!

Joc - you can have the sun! It's was 94 degrees INSIDE my house yesterday. Please, take it!