Thursday, June 12, 2008

On turning 30

So this seems to be a big milestone, this 30th birthday of mine. Not only am I planning on celebrating all weekend with friends from far and near, I've been thinking about this and celebrating for my entire 30th year (since today really starts my 31st year...). There is nothing that could replace the amazing time spent with Christa and Jerri in Vermont in March. That weekend was reflective, energizing, enlightening and above all fun and memorable. There have also been personal goals that have been reached. Big ones like finishing my Masters, and little ones like riding my bike more, using my car less, watching less TV and taking more photos. There have been quiet moments of solitude to reflect on my life thus far and dream about everything that's on the horizon and wonderful moments shared with friends and family. Overall, I'd say I lead a pretty amazing life and I'm only looking forward to more adventures, more learning, more quiet time and always more fun and memories. Here's to the next three decades and hopefully the three decades after that!

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Happy birthday, Bethy! Did you see I posted about you on my blog today, too? So excited for you. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love the purple tulip, but miss the Minnie skyline from the top of the Guthrie on your blog roll. Love you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
HappyBirthdayDearBethie !!!!!

Happy Birthday to you.


Welcome to your 30's Beth! Your membership card is in the mail.

:)

Jocelyn said...

Bethy I am anxiously awaiting your post about your birthday festivities. When I talked to you the other day I didn't get the full scoop. Now, that you are a week into your thirties,what do you think?