Monday, March 23, 2009

G&T

For my 30th Birthday my friend Ashley got me a bottle of Hendrick's Gin. I hadn't been saving it for a special occasion, but I also had never gotten around to opening it. So on March 12th, I busted it open in honor of 30 and 3/4 years and made myself a Hendrick's & Tonic while I was talking on the phone with Lee (It's like going out for drinks, but since we're in two different cities we drink over the phone).

The thing with Hendrick's is that it's actually better with cucumber than lime. Here is the official recipe from the Hendrick's website:

INGREDIENTS
2 oz. Hendrick's Gin
Tonic Water

PREPARATION
Pour Hendrick's Gin into highball glass over ice cubes
and fill with tonic water. Stir. Garnish with cucumber.

And that's it! Here is a photo of my drink with gin, tonic, star-shaped ice cubes and slices of cucumber in a gnome glass:

I'm telling you, this drink was wonderful. It was cooling and refreshing and much more flavorful than other gin and tonics that I've had. I'm hoping to try some other recipes that compliment the unique flavor of Hendrick's, and I'll be sure to write about them here as I try them out.

1 comment:

blogorelli said...

We miss you in The Bean, Beth! Now, onto the post..hendricks + G7&T + gnome glasses = *perfection!*

Cheers (and happy 30.75)!