Thursday, March 26, 2009

Alex in Seussical!

Today I left work a little early and picked up Mike, David and Meg at the Dinky station and we all headed into Philly to see Kim's son Alex starring in his school play! They did Seussical, and it was so fun. If you're familiar with the show, Alex played the role of JoJo. They had a live band, the sets were great, the costumes were bright and fun and they had real microphones. It really looked like everyone had fun. It was a sold out show and Alex's cheering section was close to 20 strong! Here are some photos from the show.




After the show we all went out for pizza. It was great to catch up with Kim's mom and to see some other folks who I don't get to see very often. When I was living in Chicago, Kim's family was kind of my surrogate local family and we've known each other since high school, so it was like getting to catch up with family again.

It was a great evening! Congrats, Alex! You did a great job!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss seeing you as well and appreciate the sentiments of your comment. You are alsways welcome in our home and in our lives!

Kim Dittmar said...

For those that want to see Alex in action, here's the You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeOzWO8J-5Q

Jerri said...

I honestly can't believe these photos of Alex. I am so amazed by what he looks like now. I guess he looks like a bigger version of what he looked like to me in my memory of him in Chicago, but wow! He's a teenager now. How did that happen? Thanks for sharing!