Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Boston visit

On the weekend of the 11th and 12th I drove up to Boston for a quick visit and to see the Ani concert in Lowell. I drove up to John and Jill's on Friday night and then left their house very early on Saturday and was at Ann and Lee's before 11am. Ann and I walked over to Harvard Square to meet up with Allison for a delicious lunch at Cambridge One and running some errands in the square. It was great to catch up with Allison since I missed her the last time I was in town.

Ann and I walked back to her place and then we packed up to head up to Lowell for the Ani concert. We stopped and got some goodies at Trader Joe's for dinner and then got to Lowell in time to get great seats and enjoy a lovely picnic before the show. My friend Matt and his girlfriend Ashley also came to the concert. It was great to hear about Matt's recent trip to Egypt and see some of his photos.

We were excited to finally have the show start, and, of course, a row a six people directly in our sightline decided to stand up. Here's the fabulous view I had with them in the way:

After a bunch of people yelled at them to sit down, to no effect, Ann decided to take matters into her own hands and confront the drunk patrons. After a little arguing, some back up from Lee and a few strangers, our view was restored!

A victorious Ann returned to our seats to cheers from the crowd behind us.

After the concert we headed home just as it started to rain. It was a lovely evening.

On Sunday I went to breakfast with Ann and Lee and my friend Nick who I also haven't seen in a long time. We went to Darwin's for bagels and chatted for over an hour. I headed back to Ann and Lee's packed up my stuff and headed out for Walden Pond. Sadly, by the time I got there it was already full, so I wasn't able to spend any time there, but it did mean that I ended up with more time to spend with Christa. I headed to her place in Worcester and we had the chance to chat for about 2 hours. It was truly lovely. I think it's been years since we've been able to hang out like that. After visiting with Christa I drove all the way home.

It was just a quick visit, but it was totally worth it.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

I totally would have gone to that concert with you guys! That is a great venue for an Ani concert. Especially after Badass LibrariAnn clears out the hoodlums!

Previously Junebug B said...

I hadn't seen her in ages and it was a really fun show. The closed with Both Hands and 32 Flavors - totally throwing me back to my senior year of high school.