Friday, September 18, 2009

Fallingwater on the way

On the way to Pittsburgh for my friends Mark and Christi's wedding I stopped at Fallingwater, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpieces. It was a beautiful afternoon. The tour was very informative and I'm always impressed at the all of the details that were considered in the design and building process.

Above is the iconic view of the house. It's built over the river and contrary to popular belief the river does not run through the house, the house is cantilevered over the house. It's amazing how the sounds of the river and nature are present throughout the house thanks to so many windows.

It was a lovely way to break up the drive out to Pittsburgh.

And now let the wedding festivities begin!

1 comment:

dragonslayer318in11 said...

I love that house! Frank Lloyd Wright is one of my favorite architects.