Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Frosted Arugula

This morning I went to pick the last of the arugula from the garden. I probably should have done it last night, but it was dark by the time I got home from work. Amazingly only one little part of the arugula patch got frost last night and I was able to harvest a good amount of un-frosted plants. This will go into more of the salad I made last night and possibly into an arugula pesto or arugula ravioli.

This is a little bit of a sad moment because it's probably the last thing that I'll harvest from my garden plot in Princeton. It was a good season and I hate to see it end. I learned a lot about what works well (arugula, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, tomatillos, sunflowers) and what didn't work out so well (cucumbers, bell peppers, squash, broccoli). It was also fun to watch everything grow and change as the summer went on.

Who knows where I'll be when next year's growing season gets underway, but wherever it is, I hope I can get in on a community garden, or better yet, have a yard to grow things in.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

There's a great community garden right down the street from us along the greenway called the Soo Line Community Garden. Hopefully you'll have a plot there next summer? :) HA! :)