Sunday, November 22, 2009

Harvest Fest and Naptime

I recently had the chance to visit Sebastian at his school for a multi-classroom Harvest Party. All of the families brought in tons of food and I got to help Sebastian put together his awesome plate of food from the huge buffet. I loved when he said "Can I have some fruit please? ... Oh, and a cookie?" Of course. He even tried some mango, which got a rating of "alright". It was fun to see his classroom and meet his teachers and classmates. He even showed me some of his art that was hanging up in the classroom. This was his contribution to the classroom Thankful Quilt:

You can barely see it, but there is a crayon drawing of him and both of his brothers sitting on the couch under the beautiful watercolors.

After the kids got settled, the adults had a chance to make their own plates of food and Jill and I sat down on the classroom floor and Sebastian came over and said he wanted to have a picnic with us, so we all sat together and enjoyed our food. After cleaning up I had a chance to play with Sebastian a little bit and then left the party to go say hello to Emerson before he went down for his nap.

Emerson and Sebastian are in the same school right now, so Jill took me to his classroom. She had to head out to teach, but I got to read Emmy tons of books while he was supposed to be taking his nap. At one point I told him to close his eyes and just listen to the book, but that didn't last long:

After reading many books, it was time for me to leave and he still hadn't fallen asleep, so I gave him Goodnight Moon (which we had read 3 times already) and he liked just looking through the pictures.

It was so fun to get to see where the boys go to school and to meet their teachers and some of their classmates. It will be nice to be able to picture their classrooms when they tell me about things they've done in school.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

That is so sweet that you got to do that. What adorable kiddos. Hi to Jill and the boys!