Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween in Montclair

On Saturday I headed out to Montclair to enjoy Halloween with my nephews. That morning I woke up early and scooped out 3 pumpkins and roasted the seeds from them and the seeds we saved from the night before. I also got dressed up as a witch, since I have a witch's hat and it was easy enough to just wear a black dress. It was a really warm day, in the mid-70s, but a little bit rainy.

Emerson was pretty excited about the pumpkin carving. I asked him if he wanted a smiling face or a scary face on his pumpkin and he opted for smiling. I drew a little picture and asked him if it was good and he said yes, so I carved it on the pumpkin for him. He wanted to try the carving, so I helped him do that, too.

When we were finished carving it he said "My pumpkin is laughing!".

Nathaniel drew his own pumpkin face and I helped with some of the carving, but he did a lot of it himself.

Sebastian also drew his own pumpkin face and I did the carving. It was so fun to see the different personalities come through in the pumpkins. Here's everyone's sketches:

And here are the final products. Sebastian's on the left, Emerson's in the middle and Nathaniel's on the right.

And here's me with everyone in their costumes. Emerson was Batman, Sebastian was GI Joe and Nathaniel was a grim reaper type scary thing. I somehow look really short in this photo, I must have been crouching down:

And just the three boys in their costumes:

It was a little drizzly so Emerson decided to carry his Batman umbrella.

And Sebastian really wanted to carry this J Crew bag instead of the GI Joe pillowcase Jill had picked out for him to put candy in. I asked him to give me a good GI Joe face and this is what he gave me:

John took the kids out and Jill and I enjoyed sitting on the front porch and handing out candy. It was so much fun to see all the different costumes. And after all the Trick-or-Treating was finished, we ordered some pizza and watched the World Series. It was a great Halloween!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Happy Halloween to all! The kiddos looked so cute in their costumes. Nathaniel was scary looking--I guess that's what bigger kids like to do. :) I love what a great auntie you are to help with pumpkin carving!