Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More crazy weather

This past weekend Princeton got hit pretty hard with amazing amounts of rain and 60-70 mph wind gusts. This resulted in a loss of power at my apartment for about 13 hours, a tree leaning on the house and water in the basement. Mac and I decided to spend the waking hours without power hanging out in his lab. We made some dinner in the microwave (baked potatoes with cheese), played some Bananagrams and got to hang out with some other folks who were also avoiding power outages by drawing Jackalopes on the huge white board and eating some pizza that was delivered to the lab. I think everyone was in a pretty silly mood. Here is a photo of me with an abundance of safety gear, just in case! Headlamp, safety goggles, ear protection and the most awesome, bright orange, super high-heat ove-gloves ever:

Sunday was quite a trip with the rain letting up a little bit, the realization that Daylight Savings Time happened and a plan to meet John and Jill and the kiddos in Brooklyn. I won't go into the details, but driving was a disaster on both ends of the trip with roads closed, etc and I ended up spending about 4 and half hours on the road. But I did get to see the everyone for a little bit...

Here is a view of the tree on the house and bright blue skies! Things are looking up here with bright sun today and a great forecast for the rest of the week.

Shame I'm heading to Atlanta where it's supposed to be chilly and raining...

1 comment:

Jerri said...

what???? you're going to atlanta and syracuse?? please fill me in!