Monday, October 25, 2010

Leaf-peeping from a canoe

This Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day and Mac and I decided to take the canoe out for possibly the last time this season. We spent a little bit of time on Lake Carnegie and then portaged over to the canal.

Mac is always a good captain, steering us through spaces that I never thought we could fit through. And for a good part of the trip I had this dragonfly keeping me company.

The day was beautiful and the foliage was outstanding! This fall has been particularly lovely.



As we approached Hibben, where the canoe is kept, all of these birds started flying across the lake. This photo doesn't even do it justice, and the noise was amazing. That's the Washington Street bridge and more great colors in the background.

It was a beautiful day to be out on the water. I'm so glad we could squeeze in one more paddle before the winter.

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Oh my goodness! What gorgeous photos!!! I can't wait to see where you live. And, are you a photographer or something? HA! These photos couldn't be more beautiful.

Christa said...

Great photos, as always! I hope we're able to capture some good ones too while on Kyle and I are on a week-long canoe trip on the Allagash River (way northern ME) next July just before our wedding. :)

Ms. Ann said...

gorgeous and looks like a fun time :)