Monday, June 20, 2011

Art All Night, Trenton

On the same day that I got to see Nathaniel get his Jr. Black Belt, Mac and I went into Trenton at around 10pm (I know, not something I usually do!), and went to Art All Night. It's a 24 hour art exhibition, from Saturday afternoon, straight through to Sunday afternoon. There was a lot of art exhibited in a huge old building, The Roebling Wireworks. The artists ranged from professional all the way down to school kids. It was pretty impressive. There was also music and a food court.

One of our favorite exhibitors was Glenn Moore, who makes these awesome metal tikis. He also makes custom kazoos! Pretty amazing.

Not only were their lots of people out and about on a lovely spring evening, but there were LOTS of bugs! I think every bug in Trenton was attracted to the huge lights they had set up. Here's a fun shot with a slow shutter speed showing some of the bugs.

I'm glad we went to check it out. It's always good to see positive things happening in Trenton and I like to support them when I can.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

NO way! "Trenton DOES Make and the World Takes!" This is a great post. Loved the slow shutter speed shots and hooray for you for going so late at night! I bet you needed a nap afterward! :)