Friday, June 10, 2011

Phillies Game in the Rain

On June 9th my parents and I and my friend Karen all went to the Phillies game. It was a hot humid day, with highs nearing 100° and humidity to match. But we all made it and found our seats.

Sometime in the 3rd inning (I think), the wind picked up and this huge black cloud moved over the stadium, then the wind REALLY picked up! It blew the hat right off of my dad's head! We, and everyone else in the seats, ran for cover. It was total choas as a violent, windy, thunderstorm blew through:

Here's Karen and I trying to stay dry:

And me with my parents. If nothing else it was a memorable game!

After about 20 minutes the rain died down and the grounds crew got to work uncovering the field:



There was A LOT of water on the field, but they're obviously equipped to deal with this.

The game picked up where it left off. You know the storm came on quick because they actually called the game in the middle of an at bat. So they picked it up at a full count. We stuck around until after the 7th inning stretch, but it was nearing 11pm by that point, so we decided to call it a night, especially since I had to drive Karen back to Trenton and then myself back to Princeton. The amazing thing is that the game was still on when I got home! It had gone into extra innings and the Cubs eventually won.

Certainly a night to remember!

No comments: