Monday, June 20, 2011

Junior Black Belt

It's been over 2 years since I last posted about Nathaniel's Tae Kwon Do adventures and he's really come a long way! On Saturday, June 18th, I headed up to Montclair to see him test for his Junior Black Belt!

The testing was (obviously) much more involved than the last one I saw and I was super impressed with Nathaniel's skill and concentration.


Here he is after the testing getting his new belt tied on:

We was very proud indeed! As he should be!

Here he is with one of his favorite teachers:

And with the proud parents, John and Jill. It was so fun to see Nathaniel achieve this goal.

Afterwards we went back to their place and I got to see Sebastian and Emerson, too. Jill and I exchanged birthday gifts and since I got her a nice bottle of gin, we promptly made gin and tonics to enjoy in their back yard. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday!

No comments: