Monday, November 5, 2007

Jocelyn and Meadow in the house!

A lot has happened since my last post (as usual). The most exciting this is that Jocelyn and Meadow came to visit for the weekend of Oct. 26-29. It was so fun to have a such a fabulous and well-behaved baby in the house. Even my roommates admitted it wasn't so bad. We started out the weekend on Friday night in Northampton where I met Jocelyn, Meadow and Jocelyn's brother Nate for dinner (he drove her out from Central New York). Then we did a little shopping, got our photo booth pictures taken at Faces and then headed back to Cambridge.

On Saturday we visited Harvard and Harvard Square, and then we met up with Jocelyn's friend Annie and had fun hanging out and getting ready for my 7th Annual Pumpkin Carving Party which was held that night. We had a good turn-out with friends from all parts of my life: people I met at Simmons and Syracuse, in Chicago, friends of friends, etc... It was a great time with many amazing pumpkins and great baked goods courtesy of my guests (a baker, I am not).

On Sunday we drove into Boston and walked along the Freedom Trail, ate lunch at Cheers, got gelato and cannolis in the North End, visited the Common and the Public Garden and generally enjoyed a beautiful day. We drove out to Brookline to get Sushi and then came back and ate it while watching Knocked Up, and then we watched (Jocelyn slept through) the Red Sox winning the world series. It was pretty awesome!

We didn't get to do much on Monday except get packed up and drive to the airport, which was quite a task. Jocelyn and Meadow can't travel light, so I had to go into the airport and took this cute photo with the baby and all their luggage! It was a fantastic weekend. It's sad to think that the next time I see Meadow she'll probably be walking! It's amazing how fast they grow.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

I love these photos so much! I especially love the ones taken in the photo booth. Of course, basically, I love Beth, Jocelyn, and Meadow and can't wait until I can see all three of them in person again soon! Thanks so much for posting all the fun!

Unknown said...

She fell asleep !?!?!?

No no no... this will not work.

We're going to have to discuss.