Sunday, October 21, 2007

HOC & ALCS

It's quite the sporting weekend here in Boston. First of all the 43rd Head of the Charles Regatta took place right on the Charles River, walking distance from my house. I had the pleasure of seeing races on both days. Here is a photo of the Yale men's team and another boat's swirling wake:


The other huge event of the weekend is the last two days of the ALCS between the Red Sox and the Indians. All I have to say is, Red Sox fans are no joke. While walking through Harvard Square on my way to the Regatta I saw a homeless man sitting on a bench with his bag of belongings and taped to his bag was a sign reading: "Pray for Dice-K" referring to Daisuke Matsuzaka, tonight's Red Sox pitcher. Whoever wins the game tonight will go on to the World Series.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Congratulations! I watched most of the game and it was so exciting!