Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BLOG MORE!

Well folks - I'm telling you right now, BLOG MORE is on my list of New Year's resolutions. Here's what happens: Something really fun happens in my life, like celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday, or going to see Josh Ritter in concert and I think I need to Blog about it, but then I don't have the time to really sit down and write something good, so then it doesn't happen, and then I want to put photos up, and then I can't find the cord that connects the camera to the computer and then I don't want to post without photos, and before I know it's been a month since my Grammy's 90th birthday and there is no blog entry about it. So here's the plan for the New Year: I'm going to blog every day in January. Seriously. I know this seems like an impossible task, but it's true. And I'm going to blog about the little things, just something cool I noticed on my walk into work, or a little thought I had during the day or something small. There might be a photo, there might not. But I'm not going to let myself get bogged down trying to blog every detail about the big events of my life. Chances are, if you're reading this blog, I've already told you about the big events anyway. Wouldn't it be more interesting to know some funny thought I had instead? I'm glad you agree, oh faithful reader.

Here's the other thing that's going to change: This is my blog. I know it's supposed to be me and my sister in law, but that clearly ain't happening. She doesn't even read it, let alone post to it. So I'll have to figure something out. The address will be the same, twojunebugs.blogspot.com, but the title might change, or something. I still need to figure that out.

So here's the rundown of what's happened since my last post, in no particular order, just to keep you updated:
  • I drove out to Pittsburgh with John, Jill and their kiddos, all in one mini-van, to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th Birthday. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Denny's and had a blast. It's certainly memorable that way. On the Friday after Thanksgiving 75 people showed up to celebrate with my Grammy. It was awesome to see so many people. On the drive back to NJ we stopped at Roadside America - America's biggest miniature village. Think model trains on steroids. The kids loved it.
  • I volunteered for the Neilds at Passim. Excellent as always.
  • I finished my semester! I start school again at the very end of January.
  • I saw Josh Ritter in concert at Passim. It was amazing, very intimate and sweet. I bought a recording of the show and I'm sure it will be featured on my next mix CD if I get it before the end of January.
  • I sent out my Christmas cards. No letter this year. I promise I'll have one next year. If you want to know what's going on with me, you should call me or drop me an email, I'd love to chat with you.
  • I went to three, count them three different holiday parties for work. Gotta love Harvard.
  • I'm looking forward to getting to see lots of friends and family over the holidays. It's trains, planes and automobiles for me (thankfully no buses!): Boston to Philly to Minneapolis back to Boston. Can't wait.

Hopefully I'll get to blog between now and then, but if not: Happy Holidays and I'll see you in 2008!

2 comments:

Trinity said...

Glad to hear that we are going to get a peak inside your brain on a daily basis. You had the same idea as NaBloPoMo
http://nablopomo.ning.com/
just a few months later!

Previously Junebug B said...

Yeah, November wouldn't have worked for me at all. January should be interesting, no school to blog about, but therefore more time to blog...