Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas with the Fam

Christmas with the fam was amazing. Everyone except my brother Dan was able to make it up at some point, culminating with my parents, my brother, both of my sisters-in-law, my 90 year old grandmother and all 5 of my nephews being present at my parent's house for most of the day today. The boys are ages 1,2,3,6 and 6, making it quite an adventure.

Here are some of the crazy highlights:
  • I took Amtrak all the way from Boston to Philly and it was miraculously on time. I had dinner with Kim, Alex, Mike H., and Meg at Kim's apartment and then got a ride back to South Jersey with Mike and Meg.
  • When I got home I found out that my mom got rear-ended sitting at a red light and the guy claimed that he didn't see anyone waiting at the light. It caused a four-car pile-up and added "get a rental car" to our list of things to do before Christmas. Thankfully she's feeling good, but with having broken her neck twice already, the doctors were really cautious and took good care of her. Again, thankfully she's doing well.
  • My Grammy got her first pair of jeans, ever! She opened the box on Christmas morning and started crying. It was probably the sweetest moment of the week.
  • Jill and Grammy and I got to get out of the house and go get a manicure. Grammy's color of choice: bright red! She looks great.
  • I got to see Juno with Mike H. and Meg, and my brother, John on Christmas day. It was great and a good time to catch up with some friends. After the movie we wanted to go get a drink and, of course, the only place open was Denny's. So now I can say that I went to Denny's on both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
  • I got some video of my nephews running around like crazy people in my parent's house. It was truly priceless. I'll try and post some once I get home.

Overall it's been a great trip home. A wonderful holiday filled with family and friends and now I have to go do laundry and pack before I fly out to Minneapolis tomorrow to celebrate New Year's with Jerri and Mark! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

I just have to ask...what do they serve at Denny's for "drinks?" Coors in a can? I bet that was a blast! It sounded like so much fun all around. Can't wait to re-visit it all with you in just a few hours! YEAH! :)