Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving with a Friend

On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I took the train into NYC to see my friend Jay's gig with One Sweet World. I haven't seen him play in a long time and it was fun to be "with the band". When I got there I actually got to cut in front of people waiting outside because I was on the guestlist. It was pretty funny. The show was great and afterward we drove back to Princeton and crashed at my place.


On Thanksgiving morning Jay slept in while I watched the Macy's Day Parade and then we made a wonderful brunch of rosemary garlic home fries (inspired by M. Henry in Chicago), and fried egg sandwiches on rosemary batard from Witherspoon Bread Company, that and some juice and tea made for a wonderful start to a great day. We both wore aprons while we cooked, here is Jay helping with the potatoes:

And here's a shot of our delicious brunch.

It was so fun to have someone at my house and I always enjoy cooking more when I have someone to share it with. After breakfast Jay headed up to Ithaca to enjoy Thanksgiving with his family, and I headed to my parent's to start our family extravaganza. It was a great way to start the holiday.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

holy CRAP! you've had several days now of blasts from the past. too much! i can't believe that jay's hair is longer than i've seen it (it is, right?). it was good to see him. and your food looked yummy, too. i really can't believe i get to see you at the end of the month! how did that happen so fast? it makes me happy!