Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life without the internet at home...

Well, folks. In order to save some cash I am splitting wireless internet with my neighbor. He, however, doesn't seem to think it's very important to actually have the wireless working, so I've been without the internet at home for about a week now. Thus, no posts.

He did email to say that it's his fault and not Comcast and he's working on getting a new router. I'm not sure how hard this can possibly be, but it seems to be taking quite some time. So for now, I'm sneaking this in at work, which means no time for uploading photos or anything fancy.

I had a great weekend in Brooklyn last weekend (post and photos coming soon) and I'm really looking forward to a weekend in Syracuse to celebrate my sister-in-law Mo's graduation from SU's School of Education! It will be fun to be back at my Alma Mater, and I'm looking forward to seeing Joe Biden speak at the big commencement on Sunday. We'll also be celebrating Mother's Day and my nephew John's 8th birthday! Hopefully the internet will be working at home by the time I get back, and I'll be sure to post some photos of the celebrations. I'm planning on wearing Orange and Blue all weekend.

In the meantime, I wish it would stop raining here. I need some sunshine and a chance to plant my garden. More on that in upcoming posts, too!

3 comments:

Ms. Ann said...

let us know how syracuse is :) i can't wait to see another nice graduation. hopefully it won't snow, like it did at mine...

Jerri said...

I can't believe you'll be in SU this weekend! I also can't believe we graduated on Mother's Day (and my birthday) nine years ago this weekend!!! WOW! That's so cool that you'll be there again nine years later. We're getting old, but life is fun. That's awesome! Have fun in Syracuse and it's sooooo cool that you get to see Biden speak!!!!

Jocelyn said...

From my own experience with verizon and getting a new router it does take a little time. Mainly to finally talk to someone who can help you after you go through several people and they finally connect you to someone in another country. Hope it gets fixed soon.