Thursday, May 12, 2011

Brooklyn!

It's so great to have an excuse to go into NYC. This past Sunday I was invited to my friend, Mike's housewarming party and I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and stop by to see my cousin while I was in Brooklyn. My cousin Aaron and his girlfriend Becky moved from San Francisco into this sunny one-bedroom less than a week before I visited them. For only having a few days to get settled, the place looked great!

It used to be the owner's apartment, so there are some fancy details, like the stainless appliances and granite counters. For city living, this is quite the sweet set-up. We have another cousin, Laura who is studying at Columbia (Barnard, actually) and she made the trek out from Manhattan to join us for a home-cooked brunch. The food was wonderful and the company was even better. It was great to catch up with these guys and it's nice to have them on the East coast.

After brunch we took a nice walk through the neighborhood to a nearby park. It was a beautiful spring day and people were out enjoying the weather in full force.

After saying good-bye to my cousins, I drove just a few minutes down the BQE and caught up with Mike, his partner Ty and some of their friends to celebrate their new digs. It was fun to catch up with so many different people in one day. After leaving Mike's I took advantage of the nice day and strolled through his part of Brooklyn, too. I do enjoy a lovely day in the city!

No comments: