Friday, May 27, 2011

Nathaniel on the Drums

On May 24th, I took the day off work and drove up to Montclair to see Nathaniel in his school's choir and drum corps concert. On the way, my muffler nearly fell off on the NJ Turnpike, but a very nice guy at a gas station put it back on for only $10 and I was on my way. I didn't get to have lunch with Jill, as planned, but we did get to see the concert! As you can see from the photo above, Nathaniel played a bass drum way in the back row, but he loved it!

Below is a photo of most of Hillside's Junior Drum Corps. Nathaniel is soon auditioning for Drums of Thunder, the famous Hillside Drum Corps that performs in places like Madison Square Garden and the White House. (update: Nathaniel was accepted into Drums of Thunder! The next two years should be exciting!)

After the concert I got to take Nathaniel home and he and Sebastian enjoyed showing off their biking skills in the cul-de-sac near their house.

They are such cute brothers.

Wait, did I say "cute"?

Sebastian was very proud to be able to ride with one hand.

And Nathaniel practiced popping wheelies.

Emerson was at a friend's house for a play date, but Nathaniel, Sebastian and I had tons of fun. And when it was time for me to go, Nathaniel and Sebastian wanted me to stay. Here's Nathaniel posing like me.

I stayed long enough to see John and Emerson, but I did leave in time to beat the rush hour traffic home. It was a great use of a vacation day!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

These photos are great, esp. the one of you and Nathaniel at the end of the post. You look so good in those glasses, Bethy! The boys are getting so big--where does the time go? LOVE YOU!