Monday, October 8, 2007

Honk Fest 2007

OK Folks, HonkFest was just about the coolest thing ever. There was a parade that went from Davis Square in Somerville to Harvard Square and the grand marshals were the Mayor of Cambridge, and Click and Clack, the Car Talk guys! There were tons of bands (one from as far away as Rome, Italy and two from Chicago!), but also organizations like Bikes Not Bombs, Bread and Puppet Theatre, Boston Derby Dames, Veterans for Peace, and many more. It was so fun to walk along with the parade and see the looks on people's faces who had no idea what was going on, and the huge smiles of everyone involved. It was a great day!

Here's Click and Clack riding along in their Pedicab:


This is the Green Bike from Bikes Not Bombs:

Check out this dad with two kids on his bike enjoying the parade:

This is Environmental Encroachment from Chicago:

I've seen this guy riding around Cambridge on his super tall bike:

5 comments:

Jerri said...

Oh my gosh! You are my hero for attending this and then blogging about it! I LOVE CLICK AND CLACK and can't wait to try to go to this next fall! What a cool event. Plus, I've seen Environmental Encroachment several times in Chicago and just love them. Did you see them when we lived there, Bethy? I think they played at that co-op house party that we went to one Mardi Gras and at a bunch of other events, too. Maybe Ravinia, too? Anyway, they're awesome! YEAH for HONK FEST!

Trinity said...

Dang Beth! I wish that I had gone. It looks like it was a fun time. Jerri, this parade seems very similar to the May Day Parade that happens in Minneapolis. You should go and then blog about that!

timdotcom said...

Hey can you email me the original high resolution photo of me on the tall bike?

Previously Junebug B said...

@timdotcom - I need your email address to send you the photo.

timdotcom said...

timdotcom@gmail.com

thanks!