Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Laundry forgetfulness

So yesterday (on my day off) I was trying to accomplish a lot, and one of those things was doing laundry. So I drove over to the laundromat, put in two loads, ran a couple more errands, switched to the dryer, ran home for a little to hang up my clothes that don't go in the dryer, and then back to the laundromat to fold everything and bring it home. In my rush, and thinking about all the other stuff I had to accomplish, I left a pair of sweatpants at the laundromat. I had dinner with Sylvie and told her I thought I left them there, but it's just an old pair of comfy sweat pants. No big deal.

Well, I woke up this morning and realized that my favorite grey zip-up sweater was missing, too. And I realized that it must be with the sweatpants... So I walked over to the laundry at 7am and sure enough, half a load of laundry was still sitting in the dryer: the sweatpants, the sweater, 2 other pairs of pants including my favorite jeans and a tank top. They were all just sitting in the same dryer I left them in. I hope they weren't too scared being left all alone overnight in the laundromat, at least they had each other...

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

oh my gosh, that totally sounds like something I would do in my sleep deprived state. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!