Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day - 10 years ago

It was 10 years ago today that I had the chance to photograph the Queen Mum in London at a Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. I was doing a story on the significance of the Red Poppy and through a connection at the Royal British Legion I was given a pass to stand with the Royal photographers. It was quite an honor. The moment I'll never forget is when the Queen Mum looked me in the eye and smiled while I curtsied (like I was told to do if she acknowledged me). Then I lifted my camera and captured one of my favorite images from my time in London.

Unfortunately, the CD with this image, and all of my other London stuff, is being stored at my parent's house right now, so I'll have to post the photo sometime next week. Check back later.


1 comment:

emilie said...

10 years?!?! Gosh, time flies! I'll never forget that day for you, either!