Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Brunch, Music and Sunshine

On Sunday morning, Lee and I headed over to Mark and Christi's house in Roslindale with fruit salad and instruments in tow. Christa met us there and we proceeded to have a delicious meal of breakfast burritos, blueberry crumble, fruit salad and great conversation. After some catching up and enjoying our breakfast, we headed out to the front porch to enjoy the sunshine and a little bit of music.

I convinced Christa that she could learn a few chords on the ukulele that I brought. Here she is concentrating on a C chord:

And here she is mugging for the camera. This photo cracks me up so much.

Lee enjoying the warm sun with my little guitar:

And Mark showing off his banjo skills:

Mark and Christi were excellent hosts, as always.


After brunch I dropped Lee off at his place and headed back to Princeton. The worst part of these amazingly fun trips is when it's finally time for me to leave. I packed in so much good stuff on this trip and I already have plans to be back for a visit in July, if not sooner. Thanks to everyone I got to see for making it such a fun trip!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You know how to pack a ton into a weekend. At some point I need to know why cupcakes were the indulgence of choice. Not a bad choice... We will have to check out this cute cupcake place when you head back to Portland. Go you on staying up so late and chatting. That definitely beat my 9pm slumber last night.

Previously Junebug B said...

We chose cupcakes because there was a feature on Boston.com about local cupcake bakeries. We didn't get to nearly as many as we planned, but that just leaves some for next time!

Ms. Ann said...

i hope to be there the next time :) glad you had such a nice weekend!

Jerri said...

It was so much fun to see the pics of all the many people in MA who I know and love. Those colors looked so great on Christa! Can't wait to see you all in September at Mark and Christi's wedding (if not before). Miss you already! Love the photos of your weekend in MA. By the way, everyone, duh! Cupcakes are the new black! Joc and I did up the cupcake place I think she's referring to in Portland last time I was there.

emilie said...

Oh! That breakfast sounds perfect! What a sweet morning!