Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eggs, Baseball, Board Games and Wii

I've mentioned it before, but one of the best parts of being in NJ is that I'm close to family. When I was at the studio in Chicago or at school in Boston, Easter weekend usually passed with just a phone call to family and then some photos emailed to me later that week of my nephews looking for Easter eggs. Well, this year I got to be in on the fun!

From my 2 year old nephew to my 91 year old grandmother, we spanned 4 generations and everyone had a good time. It was a beautiful day, although a bit chilly. We started the festivities with an indoor/outdoor Easter egg hunt. The boys lined up and when we said "GO!" Sebastian and Nathaniel were off like rockets scooping up Easter eggs (about 80 total were hidden!) and Emerson stayed on the deck not really knowing what to do. So we walked him around and helped him get some eggs in his basket.

Some of the eggs had quarters in them and some had candy. I helped Sebastian undo all of his eggs and he was very impressed with all of the money he found (totalling $3.75) and he said "You know what I'm going to buy with all of my money? A Wii with MarioCart!" Oh the days when a stack of quarters seemed like a million bucks!

After all the eggs were found, my dad, brother John and nephew Nathaniel and I played an entire 9 innings of Wiffle Ball and Sebastian and Nathaniel got in some batting practice with a wooden bat and real baseball.


After that, we got to squeeze in some Bananagrams and then watch the kids playing Wii, which is actually pretty hilarious. Grammy gets such a kick out of sitting on the little couch in what has become known as the Wii Room and watching these guys do all of the games they like to play.

Here's me and Nathaniel duking it out in Wii Boxing:

Nathaniel and Sebastian in the Wii boxing ring:



And Grammy and I having a chat while watching the craziness of Wii games:

Here is a great series of photos of Nathaniel, Dad and Grammy (Nathaniel's Great-Grammy):



No comments: