Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Front Porch Planting

One of the best features of my apartment is the little front porch. This spring, I'm taking advantage of it's copious amounts of sunshine to grow some plants. I took a personal day today and bought a rosemary plant, a tomato plant, a flower plant, a wall-mounted planter and some pots.

Patio tomato in the blue pot, rosemary in the orange pot and basil, chives and parsley in the metal planter (they'll be transplanted into bigger pots soon):

I also spent two hours at NTB waiting for my serpentine belt and oil to get changed and used that time (when not complaining about how f-ing long it was taking) to lay out my community garden plot. It's 10' x 10', so I'm hoping to be able to grow arugula, carrots, cucumbers, yellow squash, red and yellow bell peppers, sunflowers, tomatoes, bush beans and possibly pumpkins. The plots haven't been roto-tilled yet, so for now I have to be patient and just enjoy what I have growing on my front porch. I am SO happy it's spring.

When I got home from Boston the rhododendron near my front steps was in full bloom:

And these are some pansies that I planted a couple weeks ago:


2 comments:

Sabaleplus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

These are beautiful plants and flowers and the perfect compliment to the spring. Your act of beauty with nature leaves and imprint.