Friday, June 18, 2010

Blueberries at the Farmer's Market

Project 365: Day 6

New Jersey is called The Garden State for good reason. I know some would beg to differ with this statement, but the amazing bounty at the Princeton Farmer's Market today makes the "Garden State" title hard to dispute. Besides tomatoes and corn, NJ is known for its amazing blueberry crop and this year is no exception. I love the red tablecloth showing through where a choosy customer reached into the middle of the bunch to pick the best basket.

6 comments:

Kim Dittmar said...

Love this! I might need a print of this one for my kitchen!

Trinity said...

lovely! do you know anyone who grows blueberries at home? a commenter on my blog suggested that i grow some in my yard. i would like to but have not ever seen blueberries in the home garden.

Previously Junebug B said...

Trinity - I don't know anyone growing blueberries in their yard. From what I understand, they thrive in sandy soil, so I'm not sure how that would work out. Might be worth looking into, though!

Christa said...

Love this photo...brings a BIG smile to my face like your one with the 2 pears from SU days. Think you might have another Beth classic here. :)

Mom said...

I agree with Kim - I love this shot! Almost as much as I love Jersey blueberries!

Marci said...

really nice composition Beth!