Friday, June 25, 2010

Fireflies

Project 365: Day 13

The fireflies have been really outstanding the past few nights, so I thought that I should try to do some firefly photos. My first idea was to catch some in a jar and do a close-up long exposure to try and get them lighting up. So I caught some in a jar, with Mac's help, and alas, they didn't light up. I saw one glimmer, once and that was it. So I took my camera out to the yard and did some long exposures using just the ambient lights from the newspaper offices that are a few doors down. I like the shadows that they cast on the side of the old cinderblock garage and if you look really close (click the image to make it bigger) you can see one little streak of firefly on the left side of this photo. I'll have to play around some more with this firefly idea and see if I can get any better results.

No comments: