Monday, June 21, 2010

Thriving Garden, with tomatoes!

Project 365: Day 10

It was a very exciting morning in the garden! I noticed yesterday that one of these little cherry tomatoes was almost ready to go, but this morning it looks like there are 2! And my lettuce is pretty much ready to go, too, and that sounds like a salad! Guess what I'm having for dinner?

Bonus Photos:

Above is an overall shot of one corner of the garden with cauliflower in the front, then lettuce (yellow-green leaves), then green bush beans, and then sunflowers. Everything seems to be doing well. The beans I replanted are starting to come up, and after a massive weeding project this weekend, I replanted the carrots and planted some arugula and bibb lettuce.

This is a teeny little cucumber. The cukes seem to be doing really well this year and they are doing well climbing up the support that I got for them. This is already looking better than last year when most of my cukes ended up with end rot and were inedible. I'm looking forward to having these guys for salads, too!

And here is the progress on the Sungold tomatoes: Above are some blossoms toward the top of the plant (almost up to my chin!) and then below are some of the earliest fruits still waiting to turn yellow. I can't wait!

So far the garden seems to be looking good. It's going to be a hot, dry week so I'm going to try and check in every day and just make sure everything is doing OK.

3 comments:

Trinity said...

Lovely! You are so much farther ahead than us.

Jocelyn said...

Beth, you are soooooooooo lucky. We have had such a cold June that the plants are growing very slowly. We had plenty of rain, but little sun. So, hopefully this week it will warm up a bit so my tomatoes can start to grow. I love looking at the pictures you post.

christa said...

Beautiful garden!! Beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing.