Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Macro Fun

Project 365: Day 4


Yesterday after work I wanted to play with the macro lens that I bought with the new camera, so I just sat on my porch and photographed some of the plants there as close up as possible and with as shallow a depth of field as I could. The above image is part of that exercise. This is a Dianthus flower. The whole bloom is about an inch across. I am loving this macro lens! It also works really well as a portrait lens, throwing the background out of focus quite nicely. I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of macro photos in the coming year. :)


Bonus Photos

Basil:

Another view of the Dianthus:


And this creepy little bug on my dill plant. It's only about 1/4 of an inch long:

3 comments:

Trinity said...

love love love
macro is my favorite lens of all.

Mom said...

Wow! Wonderful! Can't wait to see more macro.

Christa said...

Nicely done Beth! I like your macro style :) And thanks for identifying the flower...ya know I would have asked!