Thursday, July 5, 2007

All American 4th of July


So I went and did the most American thing I can think of: I got in a car and drove around just for the fun of driving around. Granted, that car was not American and I used about 1/16 of a tank, but it was REALLY fun. I have a Zipcar membership and I went and zipped a MINI Cooper for a few hours. I used it to go to brunch at Ann and Lee's house and then I found the greatest little winding curvy road in Boston, along the Arborway, Jamaicaway, Riverway (whatever way) and ended up (after getting lost in Jamaica Plain) at the Arnold Arboretum for a beautiful walk through the park and then back in the car for a zippy ride home. It was so fun!



To top it all off I ended my day playing games and eating cheese and crackers with Paul and Trinity and some of their friends. I headed home around 10:30 in time to mostly hear, but somewhat see the Boston fireworks from my back porch. After a few minutes of that, I ended up turning on the TV and watching them from there. Can't have the 4th without some form of fireworks, right?

- B

1 comment:

Trinity said...

Your day sounded lovely. Glad we could be a part of it. I made a list of things that I wanted to see and do this summer and visiting the Arboretum is on the list. Jamaica Plain reminds me of Minneapolis.