Sunday, July 22, 2007

What a weekend!

So much happened this weekend. First of all, on Friday night I met up with some folks in Harvard Square to attend the craziness of the midnight release of Harry Potter 7. There were SO MANY people, it was crazy. I'm glad I got mine through the Harvard Book Store. It's an independent, family-owned store that is just great. So after I got the book, I rode my bike home and read the first 2 chapters before I went to bed. It's now Sunday night and I just finished it. This one is really good, folks. I won't be a spoiler, I'll just tell you to read it.


On Saturday night, my friend Lee and I went to Lowell Summer Music Fest and got to enjoy Nickel Creek on a beautiful evening. I brought along my favorite sandwich from Darwin's for dinner and had a little picnic before the show. The music was great, the people who sat next to us talked too much, but besides that it was a really fun evening.


This morning Ann & Lee and I used the rest of the hours we had on the Zipcar from last night to go to Trader Joe's with a car! This is very exciting for those of us who usually shlep to TJs on the T. And I then I used the very end of the 24 hour rental to drive to the laundromat. It felt really indulgent, but it made it really easy, too.

Then, as if this weekend could have anything crammed into it: My Dad stopped by for dinner and a round of mini-golf. This might seem like a somewhat normal thing for a parent to do, but not when they live in New Jersey and you live in Cambridge, MA. He's up for business in Central Mass and made the extra trip into the city. It was great. We went to the All-Star Sandwich Bar and I actually got an excellent salad, Dad got the pulled pork and said it was great. Then we headed out for mini-golf. But on the way there we passed by Harvard's Memorial Hall and there were all of these crazy half-bodied mannequins with suits on sitting on the lawn there. I made Dad drive around the block so I could take this photo:


Pretty creepy, huh?
Dad ended up beating me at mini-golf, but only by two strokes. I think we'll have a match-up at the shore in a couple weeks. Here we are at Hago Harrington's:


After all that, I came back and finished Harry Potter.

Now I have to finish my paper... Oh right, I guess I'm in Grad School...

- B

1 comment:

Jerri said...

What a fun weekend! Can't wait to catch up with you about my time with Abby. I'm so glad to see such a cute photo of you with your dad. What a sweetie!
Love you,
Jerri