Friday, July 20, 2007

Sandwiches in Cambridge

Recently I've discovered that my new neighborhood is full of places to get amazing sandwiches. And on hot summer days there is nothing nicer than not having to cook. The best plan is to get the sandwich to go and eat it on my back porch. This makes me very happy. I wish I had photos of these sandwiches, but as a fairly new blogger, I haven't gotten into the habit of carrying my camera around all the time. But you can just imagine how beautiful they were.

The first was from Darwin's Ltd. It's called the Magnolia and I recommend it with the Cheddar cheese. It came on toasted wheat bread and included all of the following: Hummus, Avocado, Apple, Carrots, Tomato, Lettuce, Honey Mustard and Cheddar. It was amazing. It was so good, I might get one for dinner tonight because thinking about it makes me hungry.

The second amazing sandwich came from the All-Star Sandwich Bar, which is a great little place with a good atmosphere, fun staff and good eats. Not to mention free Oreos and pretzels. They have a vegetarian special every day and it's usually wonderful. The best one I've had was Roasted Golden Beets, Goat Cheese and Arugula on toast (I think it was sourdough). I can't describe how those roasted beets are the best thing ever. Who knew? I didn't even know I liked beets, but on this sandwich I could eat them all the time.

The third amazing sandwich I've eaten lately was from Hi-Rise Bakery. It's called Kate's Rough Ride and it has Avocado, Tomato, Cole Slaw, Cucumber, Lettuce and Russian Dressing on their wheat sourdough bread that is amazing! I got half a sandwich and half of their carrot, leek and potato soup and I had to take the soup to go because I was full from the 1/2 sandwich. So worth it.

So that's what I've been up to lately. I'm looking forward to getting my Harry Potter book at midnight tonight. I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on the paper I'm working on so that I can actually make some time to read it before someone spoils it for me. I'm sure I'll have something to say about that tomorrow.

- B



No comments: