Monday, October 6, 2008

Christa in town (just for a day)

Who would think that after such a great trip to NYC that I'd still have something to look forward to on Sunday? Well, I had my first out-of-town guest. Christa flew into Philly and I picked her up around 11:00am. We went from the airport to South Street and had a lot of fun looking at (and buying) hats at Hats in the Belfry, we did some other shopping and then ate a late-ish lunch at Maoz, this great little Falafel place right on South Street. Even though we were full of falafel, we decided to go to this adorable old fashioned soda and ice cream shop called Franklin Fountain. I got peach ice cream and Christa got mint chip. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside. After that we drove past the historical sights in Philly and then headed out to Princeton. Here's a photo of the two of us in our hats:

I got to show Christa my apartment and even with nothing on the walls, she was kind enough to compliment it. We walked around downtown and through the campus and I got to show her where I work. And Christa had fun with the tiger statues on campus:

It was a great day for walking around, but Christa came into town for a conference and we had to get her to her hotel in Cherry Hill. So we drove down there and got her settled into her room with a view. After parting ways, I headed to Trader Joe's and then came home a crashed.

What a great weekend!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Those hats are too cute!

Jerri said...

how fun! it was great to see you two together. i know you were looking forward to it.