Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Obama Tables & Voter Registration

For the past few weeks I've been volunteering at what I lovingly refer to as the Obama tables. Before Oct. 14th (NJ's voter registration deadline) these were voter registration tables (more on that later), but after that deadline they've been set up just to sell buttons, lawn signs, canvas bags, window cards, car magnets, t-shirts and baseball hats with some sort of Obama logo or slogan on them. It's amazing how people are so interested in these items because they want to support Obama, but also because they will someday be "collector's items" or "memorabilia". It was fun to put some hours toward the Obama campaign since I don't have too many dollars to throw his way.

I recently learned that NJ has no record of my voter registration, so thanks to the good folks at the ACLU and League of Women Voters I am planning on heading to Trenton and pleading my case before a judge on Election Day in order to get my right to vote. It should be an interesting day, and I'm sure I'll post about it here.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Beth, I can't believe your voting issue. Craziness!!! Could you still vote in Mass? Prob not really an option, but just curious.

Jerri said...

i hope you get to vote! work it, girl!